How To Recognize A Drug Overdose

A drug overdose can happen to anyone who does drugs. It doesn’t matter how often they’ve used or how down to a science they think they have it. That’s why it is essential for everyone to know what a drug overdose looks like. That way they can respond quickly with help.

What Is A Drug Overdose?

Also known as an “OD”, overdosing is when one takes too large of a dose of drugs and the body can’t handle it. This can lead to injury or even death. Overdoses can actually happen on prescribed drugs accidentally, or purpose. They definitely happen all the time to substance abusers.

Overdoses happen just by being reckless. They also occur if they don’t know exactly what it is they’re taking. Sometimes if a user stops using for a while and then does again the amount that they used before can now be too much for the body to handle.

It is also possible that the drugs someone bought can be laced with another product. This product could be harmful or too strong for the user. Dealers often bulk up their drugs to be able to sell more. This can lead to injury or death.

Accidental prescription drug overdoses don’t happen often. This is because the doses are regulated. But if someone forgets and takes too many, or the wrong dose is recommended, it can lead to an overdose.

What Are The Signs Of A Drug Overdose?

It is important to be able to tell if someone has overdosed on drugs. If they do not get the immediate medical attention, they could die. Knowing the signs could save a life.

Someone who has overdosed most likely will fall unconscious. They might seem very confused or start vomiting. They’ll get cool and clammy with cold sweat and look pale. Their heartbeat can become irregular. If they don’t wake up with simple talking, then help is needed.

There shouldn’t be further attempts to wake someone up if it appears they have overdosed. They could be hurt worse. Don’t try and leave a person that might have overdosed to avoid trouble. That could ultimately kill them and cause legal issues. Especially if you’re the person who gave them the drugs they overdosed on.

Drug overdoses can be lethal, and it is necessary to get help in time.